September 2020 Agenda
MEETING OF DIGBY PARISH COUNCIL AGENDA
You are summoned to take part in a virtual meeting of DIGBY PARISH COUNCIL to be held on 16th Sept 2020 commencing at 7pm for the purpose of considering and resolving upon the business to be transacted at the meeting as set out hereunder.
County and District Councillors, the press and members of Digby electorate are cordially invited to join the meeting.
Contact details for the meeting
Topic: Digby Parish Council Meeting
Time: Sep 16, 2020 07:00 PM London
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 784 7721 1540
The public forum will proceed at 7pm for up to 5mins, when members of the public may ask questions or make short statements to the council. This time allocation can be extended if required.
DISTRICT & COUNTY COUNCILLORS’ MATTERS
After the Public Forum each Councillor will provide a 5 minute report on the business of their relevant council.
Report from the local PCSO.
If none of the above are in attendance the Parish Council will RESOLVE to commence the full council meeting as soon as possible.
Angie McDonald Clerk to the Council Date: 9/9/2020
1. CHAIRMAN’S OPENING REMARKS.
- Apologies for absence and reasons given
3. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
- To receive reports on Members’ Disclosable Pecuniary Interests in relation to agenda items and to receive applications for Dispensation in accordance with the Localism Act 2011.
4. SIGNING OF THE MINUTES
- To resolve to accept the notes of the Parish Council meeting held on Wednesday 19th August 2020 as a true and accurate record of that meeting.
5. PLANNING MATTERS
a) Planning Applications Received
20/1031/VARCON Land at North Street, application to vary condition 6 (Approved Plans) attached to application 18/1739/RESM, to delete footpath links
b) Planning Decisions
6. GENERAL PARISH MATTERS
- To discuss how to prevent rubbish being deposited in old pond area of North Street
- To discuss the progress of the area of sunken footpath off North Street
- To update on the progress of the ‘Happy to Chat’ bench.
- To discuss dog fouling around the village.
- To confirm the Litter Picking Grant from NKDC has been applied for.
a) To report any potholes or highways problems.
b) To discuss repair work to BT cable laying.
c) To discuss the report of cyclists, cycling fast along the footpath from North Street to Harrowby Close.
8. THE VILLAGE HALL
a) To elect a Village Hall rep from the Parish Council
b) To discuss cutting back the hedging/shrubs around the village hall garden
a) To report any updates from IDB or the Environment Agency.
b) To request a further meeting with the Environmental Agency regarding the Beck and to request a meeting to discuss the issues with the flood alleviation scheme
10. PLAYING FIELD, PLAY AREAS AND VILLAGE GENERAL
a) Report on monthly inspection of play equipment, and annual report received from RoSPA.
d) To report hedges/shrubs overgrowing footpath at the Manor House
a) Update from the Allotment representative
- Note of bank balances and approve bank reconciliation
- To note income received. Nil
- To approve for the following payments: Invoice VAT Total
MalcFirth Grass cutting Aug 351.63 70.33 421.96
RoSPA inspection 93.00 18.60 111.60
d. To consider the NALC Salary rates for2020-21, and the increase in the clerks hourly rate in line with recommendations, back dated to 1st April 2020
a. LALC Weekly News - Distributed to councillors
b. NKDC Weekly Newsletter - Distributed to councillors
c. County Counciloors Reports - Distributed to councillors
14. DATES OF FUTURE MEETINGS
Parish Council meetings for 2020
21st Oct, 18th Nov and 16th Dec
Annual Parish Meeting – Delayed until further notice
15. ANY BUSINESS OF NOTE FOR THE NEXT AGENDA
Teenage Shelter - To be considered when the lockdown is lifted
Village Boundary Sign – To be considered when the lockdown is lifted
16. CLOSED SESSION (for confidential items in accordance with the Public Bodies Act 1960) if required